tirsdag 15. mai 2012

Big in America!

I'm glad to note that the first overseas composite has been registered: The Pioneer Valley composite segment. This composite consists of several segments in the lovely state of Massachusetts. I have a special affinity with this state since I lived there for four years (1976-1980), in the small town of Mattapoisett. I've tried to locate segments in the vicinity of Mattapoisett with the useful Segment Explore feature, but apparently there aren't any.

I've been thinking of going back to Massachusetts (haven't been there for 32 years!), and now I have yet a couple of reasons to go: create a bunch of segments in and around Mattapoisett (so I can be KOM, of course), and visit Pioneer Valley to try out Mount Holyoke and the other segments there.

What's not so fun to note is what I already knew: that I suck at user experience design. It seems that the ui for creating new segments is a bit confusing, and hardly anybody manages to do it first time. As I've written about before, I haven't developed functionality for deleting or managing composites since I feel that I need to authenticate users before I can allow this.

I have now spent some time removing composites that looked like "false starts". Hope this helps.

I'm still hoping that I can release a new and improved version in the not so distant future.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar